Sometimes you want to do something, but you don’t have the funds. Luckily, there are always a lot of things to do in Wyoming that are free. Here is a list of 10 things to do that are free.
1. Go for a drive along Wyoming’s lovely scenic byways and backways (http://www.travelwyoming.com/scenic-byways). There is no better way to appreciate the scenery and beauty that Wyoming has to offer.
2. Visit the University of Wyoming Art Museum in Laramie where you can appreciate the collection of thousands of works of art (http://www.travelwyoming.com/listing/laramie/university-wyoming-art-museum).
3. Go to the Wyoming State Museum here in Cheyenne and learn all about Wyoming’s history (http://www.travelwyoming.com/listing/cheyenne/wyoming-state-museum).
4. Visit the Fossil Country Frontier Museum in Kemmerer where you are able to check out mining artifacts, Native American artifacts, and mountain man (http://www.travelwyoming.com/listing/kemmerer/fossil-country-frontier-museum).
5. Go to Wyoming’s Red Desert and take in the sight of the White Mountain Pertoglyph (http://www.travelwyoming.com/listing/rock-springs/white-mountain-petroglyphs).
6. See the world famous elk-antler arces in downtown Jackson and take a photo with them (http://www.travelwyoming.com/cities/jackson).
7. Come to the Cowgirls of the West Museum and Gift Shop also here in Cheyenne and develop a better understanding for the lovely lady in your life (http://www.travelwyoming.com/listing/cheyenne/cowgirls-west-museum-emporium).
8. Visit downtown Douglas and see Jackalope Square where you can learn all about the mythical creature of Wyoming (http://www.travelwyoming.com/event/jackalope-square-farmers-market).
9. Pay a visit to the Occidental Hotel in Buffalo and have a look at the Wild West artifacts on display in the lobby (http://www.travelwyoming.com/listing/buffalo/historic-occidental-hotel-saloon).
10. Check out some free live music here in Cheyenne every Friday in the summer at “Fridays on the Plaza” (http://www.cheyennecity.org/index.aspx?nid=1855).